BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy 55th Birthday Daddy

It's that time of year again. It's your birthday.

Yes, another year has passed by that quickly
you're getting old
we're growing up
things have changed...we are no longer that little 2ft tall babies in diapers crying for our daddy's hug every two hours anymore
And you've changed too
liver spots..white hair..more wrinkles
You're growing older
and sooner or later i'll have to say goodbye to you when i leave for college
Remember when i was younger..you would always ask me
'Mae..who's your best friend?'
and i would answer...
' You daddy (even when i had a best friend in school..they could never compare to my dad) '
and then you would cheekily ask me again...
' Sure or not..love papa or not?'
and i would say...
'of course'
Also...i remember when every night you would come and tuck me in and when i couldn't sleep you would 'tap tap' my back and sing me to sleep
NOW...
things have changed..you no longer ask me that question anymore,you would sleep earlier than me and i haven't heard that song in years..frankly i miss it a lot.
you're busy all the time with work
I'm busy all the time with studies and other stuff
We rarely see each other
and after the next 1 and 3/4 years..we wouldn't be seeing each other in months
although i dreadfully want to go to college as soon as possible
and continuously say that i can't wait to leave Taiping
sometimes i have second thoughts. Sometimes.
But anyway...
This is suppose to be a happy day (:
Its your day
No matter how old I've grown or how far i am from home
I'd always be that 5 year old kid who replies 'Daddy you're my best friend' on the inside.
I love you Dad
Stay healthy and God bless.

0 comments: